You’ve ordered the Turkey, wrapped the gifts and decorated the tree, but there is more to being the perfect hostess than hors d’oeuvres and pretty place settings.
Making overnight guests feel right at home requires a few thoughtful touches to the spare room. Here are our top five tips to get yourself “guest room ready”
- Dress To Impress – Freshly laundered, good quality bed linen is the fastest way to make your guests home away from home feel (but with a little added 5 star treatment!) A quick spritz of fragranced linen water when ironing leaves a clean and fresh scent that will linger throughout their stay.
A Flat sheet under the duvet and Extra blankets allows guests to be in control of their temperature.
- Hanging Out – Clear a little space in the wardrobe or a drawer, and add a hook to the back of the door or if space allows a freestanding rail so guest have somewhere to hang their clothes.
- Midnight Feast – Leave a jug or bottle of fresh water and a glass on the bedside table (along with a good book and a simple sprig of foliage or single stem flower)
- Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush – Don’t neglect the bathroom. Drying off with a fluffy towel is one of life’s little luxuries. A bath towel and two hand towels per guest is ideal. A bathrobe and even some slippers give that at home feel. Stock up on toiletry supplies and leave them neatly arranged but visible and easily accessible. A simple toothbrush and toothpaste is often appreciated too.
- Tech savvy – It maybe the season of rest but god forbid we can’t have a quick nose at our emails or check out what your third cousin twice removed is up to on Facebook! So leave your guests a little note with wifi details, or print it out and frame it for a hotel touch.