Having spent the previous week excitedly anticipating the day in hot and stuffy Christy HQ we were ready to enjoy the sun at Wimbledon.
10:30 Southfields Station dressed for Pimms and Strawberries and Cream the rain begins and the umbrellas are out…
…13:00 – does anyone have a small boat…
We are joined by Lobster and Swan, Poppy Loves, Torie Jayne and Gemsmaquillage all looking beautifully summery and with high excited sprits that will not be quashed by the torrential rain we currently experiencing.
The atmosphere on Centre Court is electric with anticipation and heightened by the fact that as part of a long standing tradition Wimbledon has invited famous names from the world of sport to enjoy the middle Saturday including David Beckham which is causing much excitement!
There are some great names on Centre Court Rafa Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer and we were in for an exciting day of tennis and more than a measure of pride at seeing our fabulous (if we do say so ourselves) Christy Wimbledon Championships Towels being used exclusively on court throughout the tournament as they have been for the last 26 years.
Things you might not know about The Wimbledon Championships Towel by Christy
- Our towels are the only towels used on court throughout the Championships.
- We sent 6000 towels to be used on court which we launder before they are used to make sure they are super soft and fluffy.
- The iconic Wimbledon towel is the fastest selling product in both volume and value at the official shop at Wimbledon.
- The design for the towels is prepared 18 months in advance with the 2015 towel already finalised.
- The 2015 Wimbledon Championship Towel will go into production in July/August 2014 and will go on sale in October 2014!
- We only get a fraction of the towels back from The Championships
To own an iconic piece of the Championships visit our store locator to find you nearest stockist or click here to buy online in the UK.
For USA csutomers click here.